Team member: Jaya Chingen
Position: Sales and Marketing
Time at Press: 4 Months
- How do you see your role here at Press?
My role is very diverse and exciting at the moment; we are slowly curating a community of wholesale partners as well as building our brand and developing new ways to let people know what we are up to so lots to do and lots of exciting projects going on.
- Favourite motto, quote or saying?
‘By being yourself, you put something wonderful in the world that was not there before.’
- Any hidden talents?
I am ambidextrous – if that’s a talent!
- Tell us something others might not know about you?
I was planning to become a nurse before I ended up in the coffee industry.
- One prediction for the coffee industry in 2019?
I think that more and more indepenant coffee shops are going to expand and we will find that multiple site independents become the norm and hopefully challenge the high street chains for market domination.
- How do you enjoy your coffee at home?
I always drink tea at home! I have enough coffee at work.
- If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
To not need sleep
- If you had to invent a signature drink to represent you, what ingredients would be in it?
Coconut milk, salted caramel, tequila.
- What are you listening to right now?
Protoje – A Matter of Time.
- If you won the lottery tomorrow, what would be the first thing you would buy?
A big house in the country and a month long tropical holiday.
- What would be your last meal?
Probably something really indulgent – like an Indian takeaway or a Domino’s pizza.
- Where would we find you if your not behind the bar?
Probably out and about with my little one – out getting coffee or exploring parks and farms.
- Favourite dish to cook?
Spicy vegan meatballs, rice and crispy kale.
- If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
Definitely a lion – King of the jungle and plenty of sleep.